Newcastle United transfer rumours: Barcelona boss Xavi’s transfer warning after Dembele links
Here are the latest Newcastle United transfer rumours on Tuesday, 9 November.
Xavi sends Magpies transfer warning regarding Dembele’s future
New Barcelona boss Xavi has told the media Ousmane Dembele’s contract renewal is a “priority” for him.
The Barca legend was unveiled as the new head coach of the La Liga outfit earlier this week after a poor start to the campaign.
Xavi was one of the names to have been linked with the vacant managerial position on Tyneside prior to Eddie Howe’s appointment, but ‘rejected’ the Magpies advances.
Newcastle are one of the clubs to have been linked with a move for Dembele who has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp.
The Magpies would be able to enter contract negotiations with the French winger in January ahead of a potential move to St. James’ Park.
However, Xavi has other ideas. In his press conference this afternoon, he said: “Dembele in his position can be the best player in the world. He has to be a world class player. His renewal is a priority for me.
“It’s important to have a winning mentality and consistency. We have to help him.”
Newcastle eye Lazio keeper in January despite being available for free in the summer
The Magpies are keen on a move for Lazio goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha in the January transfer window despite the Albanian goalkeeper being available on a free transfer this summer.
The Sun claims Newcastle sent scouts to watch the Lazio stopper in the Europa League last week.
The 26-year-old is the club’s number one for the European competition but former Liverpool stopper Pepe Reina has been the go man in between the sticks in Serie A.
Newcastle have been linked with a move for Barcelona’s Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and a potential loan move for Dean Henderson.
The Magpies currently have four stoppers named in their 25-man squad for the Premier League after an injury crisis earlier this season.
Strakosha is set to be keen on a move away from the Stadio Olimpico in search of more game time and the Magpies could land the Albanian for a cut-price fee.
Magpies will ‘go for him’
Newcastle United have made Eden Hazard their ‘main target’ according to the latest reports.
Sport Witness claims the Magpies will have to part with around €50million to prise the Belgian away from the Santiago Bernabeu.
Hazard is reportedly unhappy at Los Blancos despite reports in the summer suggesting he was keen to prove a point.
The 30-year-old has struggled with injuries since moving to Spain from Chelsea in 2019.
A move for Hazard would be a real statement of intent from the Magpies new owners, but there’s been plenty of speculation surrounding Newcastle since the Saudi takeover.